7 Easy Tips For Growing Your Blogging Audience
Blogging is a great way to showcase your expertise and create SEO value, but building an audience can be a challenge. Writing eye-catching headlines is key to capturing attention and building loyalty. Try making these just a little bit edgy. The way that you structure your blogs can also increase the likelihood that people will read and subscribe to your blog. Here are 7 easy tips for growing your blogging audience:
- Use lists: “8 reasons to do something . . .”, “15 tips to achieving whatever . . . ” Providing a number makes a list definitive, pragmatic and best of all—easy to read. Note that a larger number of items in your is more effective. Time to get creative.
- Use digits rather than words – “10 ways to grow your business…” works better than “Ten ways to grow your business”
- To all of the lifelong learners out there–we all want to get smarter, right? Try “The 5-minute Guide to . . .” or “The Beginner’s Guide to . . .”
- Use snappy subheads. This helps break up the page and entice the eye down the page. No one will read a huge, 6-inch block of text.
- Use bullets when possible. A lot of the appeal of bullets is visual—a little white space is a good thing. Too much text is intimidating. We already have too much to read.
- Provide images. We all want to be entertained. A Facebook stat: Posts with images get 53 more Likes, 104% more comments and 84% more click-throughs.
- Keep it short and focused. Even the best writers ramble. Write your blog, then come back later and read it. You will be amazed at the perspective that a few hours provides. You will be able to eliminate unnecessary description that doesn’t contribute to your topic.
I love blogging, but I’m a writer . . .
I’m always noodling about topics, and it’s relaxing to sit down once/week and write my weekly blogpost. I do it for a few reasons—it’s great for SEO, I can take my posts and repurpose them to my newsletter for easy turnaround and it positions me as an industry thought leader. I also write blogposts for many of my clients. Struggling with blogging for your business? Talk to us at Top of Mind Marketing; we’re writers and content marketing specialists.