I’m bullish on blogging. It’s great for SEO, raising your visibility in the online space. It positions you as an expert and a thought leader. I love that it provides your with your very own soapbox—once a week or so, you have a chance to rant, comment or share an opinion about what’s going on in your industry.
Compelling 2013 blog stats for marketers:
- 62% of marketers surveyed will blog.
- 82% of marketers who blog daily acquired a customer using their blog, as opposed to 57% of marketers who blog monthly
- 79% of companies that have a blog report a positive ROI for inbound marketing.
- Blogs produced a new customer for 43% of marketers.
- 43% of marketers generated a customer via their blog.
- Blogs produce low-cost leads for 24% of the marketing community.
If you’re thinking that this is the year that you’re going to start blogging, a few other things to keep in mind:
- If your website is in WordPress or a similar technology, creating a blog is easy. If not, it’s possible to create a branded blog in WordPress, then seamlessly link to it from your site. (This is something Top of Mind Marketing does for our clients)
- Remember that your blogpost can also be repurposed as an article for your newsletter. Make your content work for you.
- Quality counts. The competition for eyeballs is fierce; try to find an angle that’s unique, a way to draw your reader in. Identify topics that are relevant for your audience.
- Sex it up. Just like the subject line for your newsletter, your title needs to be compelling and attention-getting.
- Include an image—people these days need to be entertained.
- Your blog needs to be well written and quickly get to the point—57% of web users abandon a site after just three seconds.
Ready to start blogging but need some help getting started? Contact Top of Mind Marketing. We’re blogging experts.