It’s December, and you may be experiencing Holiday Syndrome—that time of year when your clients are MIA, pushing everything off to the first of the year. It used to cause me endless anxiety, but now I look forward to these quiet weeks to catch up on an endless list of things that I don’t normally have time for. Here’s my list of 10 things to do when your clients are MIA.
- Clean up your hard drive and files.
- Write blog and social media posts—it’s a luxury to have these ready to post the first few weeks of January.
- Get a head start on your January newsletter.
- Clean out your inbox—how many thousands of unnecessary emails are living in there?
- Catch up on your reading—all of those industry publications that have been piling up not only keep you apprised of what’s going on in your industry but provide inspiration for newsletter and blog posts.
- Schedule coffee dates with colleagues and those people who represent important strategic alliances.
- Send holiday cards to clients, potential clients, and colleagues; include a handwritten note—this never gooes out of style.
- Work on your marketing plan for 2014, identifying tasks, budget, deliverables and a timeline.
- Identify both personal and professional goals.
- Blow off all of the above and take time for yourself. Have a massage. Do some serious shopping. Spend an afternoon at one of the Bay Area’s fabulous museums, catch up on movies, schedule a couple of decadently long lunches with friends whom you never get to see. You spend the whole year taking care of your clients, family, friends and assorted crises. This is the time to restore yourself. You deserve it. Happy holidays!
Struggling with your own to-do list of marketing activities? Contact Top of Mind Marketing. We’re writers and content marketing specialists.